This week-long experience is now the ONLY place you can get in-depth audition tips, on-set advice, and business information in addition to artist development (the BEHIND THE AUDITION and ON SET intensives are no longer offered as individual intensives!). It is the most practical and game-changing experience for those who want to become professional dancers.
Here are explanations of each segment we will cover:
It is possible to succeed in this crazy industry while still maintaining your integrity, to not compromise your values or your art, and to drown out the “noise”.
We are the only profession that looks at ourselves in the mirror 8 hours a day and are judged on how we look. Women have to be half naked, and men have to be shirtless. As dancers, we are comparing ourselves to others physically and artistically all day every day.
This experience gives you the tools to get out of you head and reminds you why you love to dance in the first place.
Over 800 students have taken THE GALEN HOOKS METHOD in the past several months. The most common concerns they have coming in are:
- How do I put “me” into my dancing?
- It’s like there’s a wall.
- I take class all the time but there’s just something missing from my dancing.
- My dancing LOOKS different than it FEELS.
- I’m terrified of freestyling.
- When there’s a camera in front of me, I clam up.
- I want to be more confident.
The ARTIST DEVELOPMENT experience is for any dancer of any skill level.
I figure out how to make you compelling, whether you are a beginner or a veteran.
What else do you have to say as an artist? How can we take you from good to unforgettable?
In this experience, I don’t demonstrate. I give you the power to make your own choices so that you can be the best version of yourself, both as a dancer and as a human being.
This is a HEELS-OPTIONAL version for both men or women.
BEHIND THE AUDITION
This is for any dancer asking, “WHY AM I NOT BOOKING?”
No dancer wants to feel like their bad hairstyle lost them a job.
The good news is, you can learn what to fix and how to fix it.
In the BEHIND THE AUDITION experience, I tell you everything that NOBODY tells you.
And it is working!
After attending BEHIND THE AUDITION, several alumni booked their very next audition.
If they are not booking, they are making it to the end. If they are not making it to the end, they are being kept. If they are not being kept, they are not depressed when they are getting cut. If they are getting cut repeatedly, they don’t hate themselves as dancers and human beings and move back home.
These are my goals for you in this session:
- How do we make you different than every other blonde? Than every other Asian? Than every other dancer who picks up the choreography well enough to do the job?
- If you’re not strong in choreography, how do we compensate?
- If you’re great at choreography but aren’t booking, what is the missing piece?
- If you make it to the end of auditions but aren’t booking, what will tip you over the final hump?
- How can we package you into a “look” that is bookable but still authentic to you?
- If you get nervous, what specifically for you will ease the nerves?
Let’s develop a plan for you that allows you to walk into an audition of hundreds of people, be completely focused on what you need to accomplish, and deliver your love of dance in a bookable package.
CLICK HERE TO SEE AN “INSIDE LOOK” INTO THE WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THE “ON SET” PORTION OF “IMMERSION”
This portion is for any dancer asking, “What do I do once I book a job?”
This is twofold:
- Either you’re a working dancer already and you are totally winging it when you show up to rehearsal or on set
- Or you haven’t booked a job yet and you don’t want to wing it once you do
I’ve been working as a dancer since I was 7 years old. And, for over 10 years I have been a champion for dancers’ rights. (For more info on dancers’ rights, click here.)
I want to share my knowledge of contracts, negotiations, unions, dancers’ rights, agents, and the rest of the “business” side of “show business” that we aren’t taught.
I hope by educating and instilling professionalism in “ON SET”, we can better the industry as a whole.
Here are examples of what we will address that you would typically only learn from experience:
- How do you make your mark on the job and not be in the back corner of the formation?
- How do you get re-hired?
- What do you do when a waiver is pushed in front of your face and you are pressured to sign it?
- What the heck is fi-core?
- If you have an issue, how and when do you speak to your agent? The Union? Production?
Let’s make you a “smart” dancer.
Let’s get you to read the choreographer’s mind.
Let’s get you to problem solve.
Let’s make you someone whom every choreographer wants to have on their team.
In addition, IMMERSION is the only experience where we have the following:
- Whereas the 2-day Artist Development experience focuses on the best way to sell yourself regardless of your ability to perfect the choreography, IMMERSION will focus on how to:
- Analyze a combo
- Make smart choices when performing a combo
- Pick up choreography faster
- Match the choreographer but still make it your own
- Pick up details
- Refine your dynamics, levels, sharpness, cleanliness
- Your “look” will be even further refined. Each day, we will test, assess, and refine your look
- The general advice portion will be even more pinpointed for each participant, providing in-depth mentoring for their life and career
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!
15 STUDENT LIMIT
CHOOSE “PAY IN FULL” OR “PAYMENT PLAN” BELOW
EACH DAY IS 5 HOURS
SUBJECT TO INSTRUCTOR AVAILABILITY
IF PARTICIPANT CANCELS, 50% OF SESSION COST WILL BE REFUNDED