NEW FOR 2018!
The “TASTE OF ‘THE GALEN HOOKS METHOD’ ” is a 1-Day, 4 hour experience for any dancer thinking:
- I’m afraid to invest in the 2-Day, 15-person ARTIST DEVELOPMENT session, but I want to train with Galen! I wish there were a lower cost, smaller commitment option.
- I’m way too scared to take the intimate ARTIST DEVELOPMENT experience where there are only 14 other students! I’d rather have a bigger group so I’m not so exposed and vulnerable.
- I already took the ARTIST DEVELOPMENT experience and want to keep up the skills I learned and train with Galen!
The TASTE OF TGHM differs from the 2-Day ARTIST DEVELOPMENT session in that:
- It is a 4 hour session held in 1 night
- Group size may be up to 60 students
- Galen will give feedback to select students
- Students will not be filmed solo
There will be no choreography taught at this session- this allows for more time to explore the more important concepts of The Method.
Haven’t read about the “ARTIST DEVELOPMENT” concepts? Read below! These concepts will be introduced in the TASTE OF TGHM:
In only 2 Days, the full ARTIST DEVELOPMENT experience will change your entire mindset on how and why you dance. TASTE OF TGHM is a taste of the full 2-Day ARTIST DEVELOPMENT condensed into a 1-Day, 4-Hour experience.
THE MOST COMMON CONCERNS STUDENTS HAVE COMING IN ARE:
- I want to be more confident.
- I have more to offer as a dancer and want it to be brought out of me
- How do I put “me” into my dancing?
- I feel like there’s a wall I can’t get past.
- I feel stuck.
- I take class all the time but there’s just something missing from my dancing.
- My dancing LOOKS different than it FEELS.
- I’m terrified of freestyling.
- When there’s a camera in front of me, I freeze.
- I want honest feedback – tell me the things that nobody else will tell me
“WHAT IF I AM ADVANCED AND DON’T NEED HELP WITH CONFIDENCE?”
As one of the most versatile and advanced dancers in the industry, my goal with advanced dancers is to completely change how and why you dance.
Often, skilled dancers have mental roadblocks related to:
- self criticism (after all, how do you become so skilled without being hard on yourself? It has paid off in the sense that you are now as good as you are, but let’s see what else there is to you as an artist)
- losing sense of self (perhaps you’re great at doing exactly what the teacher asks for, but don’t know who YOU are)
- you’ve reached a plateau (how many more jazz funk classes can you really take? are you missing a challenge? Galen will find all of your weaknesses and force you to strengthen them)
- you’ve forgotten what it’s like to play (nailing choreography can become repetitive- when was the last time someone encouraged you to make mistakes? to explore? to experiment? to try something different even if it doesn’t work out?)
The advanced dancers who have taken TGHM have mentally transformed and now use their bodily facility at maximum capacity.
I’m so excited for this new session and can’t wait to see all of you!
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!
MEN AND WOMEN
(if under 16 years old, send a link to the best footage of your dancing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assess your skill level)
CHOOSE “PAY IN FULL” OR “PAYMENT PLAN” BELOW
1 DAY, 4 HOURS
SUBJECT TO INSTRUCTOR AVAILABILITY
IF PARTICIPANT CANCELS, 50% OF SESSION COST WILL BE REFUNDED